If you have some spare time in your hands and you think you have a flair for the arts then why not start a hobby in arts & crafts? There are different ways to develop your skills in creating things that have practical and decorative uses. Arts & crafts have different types which include those involving textiles, wood, metal, clay, paper, canvas, and plants among many others. You just need to choose which one interests you the most and purchase arts & crafts supplies in the nearest shopping mall, arts & crafts supply store or online.
Arts & crafts supplies can be bought from stores or can be recycled from stuff you can find right at your home. It only takes patience and a lot of creativity to create handicrafts which you can use as accessories and decorations. Arts & crafts can serve as a hobby or a way to earn some extra money. This is why most schools have programs and subjects which include creating things manually to give children a chance to discover and develop skills which can be useful in the future. Parents in turn can help their kids to enhance their interests in the arts and crafts because this can also be a way to spend quality family time together.
Arts & crafts supplies can be bought in kits according to their different types such as:
* Textile arts & crafts – calligraphy, cross-stitch, crocheting, embroidery, knitting, macramé, needlepoint, quilting, sewing, scrapbooking, weaving and t-shirt art.
* Wood, metal or clay arts & crafts – woodworking, jewelry making, pottery, sculpture and metalworking.
* Paper or canvas arts & crafts – card-making, collage, origami, paper craft, papier-mâché, and rubber stamping.
* Plants arts & crafts – basket weaving, floral design, pressed flower craft and flower arrangement.
* Other arts & crafts – balloon animals, beadwork, doll and dollhouse making, mosaics and toy making.
Supplies may include the following:
* Paints & inks
* Pencils, pens & markers
* Yarns & wools
* Glue & adhesives
* Candle & soap
* Dried flowers & leaves
* Crayons & oil pastels
The easiest arts & crafts projects you can do with your kids are those involving paper and some crayons. You can do coloring and drawing activities, card-making for all occasions and the Asian art of folding paper called the origami. These are fun ways to spend time with the children and which can be done by everyone all at the same time. Arts & crafts supplies for these activities can be easily purchased from the bookstore or stationery shop. Your kids may even have these materials right in their school bags. However for more ambitious projects, it would be best to purchase arts & crafts supply kits which come complete with illustrations and instructions.[ad_2]
Source by Ashley Conner